Installation of upgraded Refrigeration and A/C systems for operation of MFV “Veronica” Fishing Vessel in tropical climates.
- Marine-approved split A/C system for wheelhouse, galley and mess room
- Design/installation of cooling coil and circulation fan
- Installed an existing ship’s Air Handling Unit (A.H.U.)
- Design, fabrication and installation of a new ventilation louvre for air intake to A.H.U.
- New sea water cooled condensing unit for cooling coil installed in the engine room
- All necessary ductwork , pipework and cabling
- Serviced all existing refrigeration systems
- Design/install of new duct work systems to supply cool air to the hydraulic room and engine room
We had very limited time in order to get the vessel ready for a contract in West Africa, with one month to prepare and get the vessel ready for the voyage, we understood that A/C was a critical requirement for our crews comfort. We had a number of discussions on the most time efficient way to install the A/C. We decided that it was best to install the cooling battery in line with the fans. This system worked really well, and kept our crew comfortable during the voyage. The other works proved very important as some of the areas on board were reaching up on plus 40 degrees and the additional fans and cooling air was the only way to keep equipment from tripping on thermal overload.
We are delighted to have utilised KER Group again on yet another project, and they proved once again why they are the experts in keep it cool.
Eamonn Doherty, Shore Support Engineer for Atlantic Dawn Group.